Whatever Apple does, it turns into a major update. We all get used to it; however iOS 11 seems to offer more than what we expect as it is an update for already world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
So, when does the update will be available? This Fall.
What is new and different in iOS 11?
This is a longer story. Let’s start figuring it out!
Powerful multitasking features seems to be available in iOS 11 covering the Files app and more ways to use Apple Pencil. As active users, developers also will find a platform to place virtual content as a result of the update in terms of virtual reality.
Apple sound caring about making Apple users life easier and safer considering additional but precious features such as Apple Pay to pay friends, Do Not Disturb to help users stay more focused on the road while driving, already-smart Siri as a smarter intelligence coming with a new voice, Photos and Camera for more professional use.
“With iOS 11, we’re delivering the biggest AR platform in the world, and it’s available today for developers to begin building AR experiences using ARKit for hundreds of millions of iPhone and iPad users,” said Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering. “iOS 11 gives iPad users the powerful app functionality they need to take advantage of everything iPad is capable of, and brings hundreds of new features and incredible updates to the iOS apps iPhone and iPad users enjoy every day.”
What else is new?
- App Store for iMessage makes access to apps and stickers more convenient.
- Control Center lets users have a quick access to frequently used controls all on one page, and a new Lock Screen can be used to see Notifications all in one place.
- Apple Maps comes with indoor maps for major airports and shopping centers around the world. So now, it is easier to find your way indoor, too.
- Home supports more categories of accessories including AirPlay 2 speakers and more ways to automate your home with new triggers.
- AirPlay 2 comes with a multi-room audio to easily control speakers using Control Center, the Home app or Siri.
- Apple Music seems to compete with Spotify. Now, you can interact with your friends more than ever.
- Apple News is even better at keeping readers informed and entertained with personalized top stories and suggestions.
- One-handed keyboard mode on iPhone makes typing on the go even easier and a new QuickType keyboard will also be available for iPads.